Avon, Colorado (May 16, 2018) – East West Hospitality is pleased to announce that it has been named the 2017 “Business of the Year” by the Vail Valley Partnership at the recent Success Awards.
This 15th annual event recognizes Eagle County businesses that have excelled over the past year and acknowledges their hard work and dedication as the best in the Vail Valley.
Every day, the EWH team provides genuine hospitality to guests and fellow employees while providing optimal results to property owners. It is a local and collaborative approach with a far reach that supports this honor and award.
Major EWH initiatives for 2017 included:
- EWH implemented a starting minimum wage to $15 per hour for all hourly employees, well in excess of Colorado’s minimum of $10.20 per hour. This move positively impacted more than 300 employees in the Vail Valley.
- EWH added the Solaris Residences, Vail Mountain Lodge & Spa and Lodge Tower to its Vail luxury portfolio.
- EWH was awarded the management contract for The Lion, Vail’s newest luxury residential development that opened in June 2017.
“We are thrilled to earn this important recognition from the Vail Valley Partnership,” said EWH President & CEO Colleen Weiss-Hanen. “What truly sets East West Hospitality apart is the dedication of our more than 1,400 associates to providing genuine hospitality to our homeowners and guests.”
Strong community involvement has long been an important value for EWH. The company supported several Vail Valley non-profits in 2017, including:
- EWH worked with the Cycle Effect to create and fund a college scholarship program for the program that uses mountain biking, education and mentoring to build self-esteem and improve fitness for at-risk young women.
- More than 700 EWH employees are personally involved with more than 70 Vail Valley community organizations, including the Vail Valley Charitable Fund, the Education Foundation of Eagle County, Vail Valley Foundation, the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, the Vail Rotary, the Bright Future Foundation, Pink Vail, Walking Mountains Science Center, Roundup River Ranch and Bravo Vail!
EWH is dedicated to supporting the health & wellness of its employees through the Mountains of Wellness initiative, which includes a comprehensive program of Quarterly Wellness Trainings, Monthly Lunch & Learns, Weekly Manager Tips, Weekly Health Tips, and Weekly Recipes.
EWH employees who participate in the company-sponsored health insurance have access to the Viverae Health Management System, which includes on-site biometric health screenings and assessments annually. This initiative has resulted in consistent improvement in employee overall health scores.
EWH has been long-committed to being an environmental leader. A number of its managed properties – including The Ascent, Eagle Point, Eye Pieces, Falcon Point, Highlands Lodge, Poste Montane Lodge, Vail Spa and The Wren – have been certified by the Vail Valley’s Actively Green program, a partnership with the global non-profit Sustainable Travel. EWH is an ongoing sponsor of the Walking Mountains Sustainable Film Series.
Additionally, the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment has honored EWH and Eagle Point, Falcon Point, Vail Spa Condominiums, Poste Montane Lodge and The Wren at Vail as Gold Leaders and The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa as Bronze Achiever.
New for 2018, the company recently launched a Sabbatical Leave Program for all full-time employees who have been the company for 10 years. It features 4 continuous weeks of Paid Sabbatical Leave in addition to the employee’s current paid vacation time with eligibility for another Sabbatical 7 years later.
Based in Colorado, East West Hospitality has more than 30 years of success in a diversity of businesses including association, rental and property management, hotels, spas, fitness, restaurants, and retail operations. EWH actively manages over 85 Homeowner Associations and more than 2,500 units with over 1,300 employees in Colorado, Utah, South Carolina, California, and Hawaii. EWH is honored to provide a comprehensive collection of condominiums, townhouses, luxury homes, and hotels within its vacation rental program. With more than $2 billion in assets under management, East West Hospitality prides itself on offering optimal results for owners and genuine hospitality to our guests and employees.
For more information, please visit www.eastwesthospitality.com.