Driving to Vail
Get behind the wheel and a scenic journey awaits – once you get here, park the car and forget it
Getting here is easy! Vail is located in the central Rocky Mountains of Colorado, just 100 miles west of Denver and just 30 miles east of Eagle, CO. I-70 is a scenic and direct route into Vail from just about anywhere!
Vail Village is connected by Interstate 70, a major four lane well maintained US highway, to points east and west. Should you choose to drive, do check for real-time Colorado road conditions or call (877)315-7623. You can also download the COTRIP app for up to the minute road conditions and additional information to make your journey smooth and easy.
Driving From Eagle County Airport to Vail
- From the airport parking lot turn left at the stop sign.
- Turn right at the next stop sign and merge onto Highway 6.
- Continue through the town of Eagle, following the Interstate 70 East signs
- Travel east on Interstate 70
- Exit Interstate 70 in Vail, Exit 174
Driving from Denver International Airport to Vail
- Exit Denver International Airport to Pena Boulevard
- Travel west on Interstate 70 (approx. 120 miles)rom
- Exit #174 (Vail)